The holiday went on without a hitch. The food came out okay (with the exception of some dry stuffing). The kids got to sled. The ladies did some Christmas shopping. The dog did not jump off of the garage roof (more on that in a later post). The only downsides were GalootJr. getting sick on Friday and a few doofuses at The Wine Cellar.
I played some holiday tunes on the bar's digital jukebox, and (in the midst of programming a Joe Jackson medley) was urged to not play any more holiday crap by a few ladies near the front door. They'd come in after I'd put the initial songs in and were unaware of my choices. I told them, "I played that holiday crap!" and proceeded to search out some supremely syrupy tunes for Christmas. I'm the one putting the cash in the machine, so as far as I was concerned, they could take Rihanna, JT and more and shove it up their hineys. If they'd chosen to play some Top 40 crap, I'd tolerate it and maybe pay for some songs of my choosing.
They diffused the situation by suggesting some Michael Jackson. I was down with that. So, I chose "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" and "Wanna Be Starting Something".
Monday, November 10, 2008
Pete, thanks for calling me out. The first two months of the school year have been tremendously busy, personally and professionally. Since my last post:
- GalootJr. celebrated a birthday which spanned a couple of weekends.
- PGirlJr. has taken on more ballet classes.
- PGirl has taken on more improv performances.
- I have taken on some right-wing pundit-wannabes on our local paper's online forums. (I'm retiring this week.)
- October saw me traveling a lot for the job and more. I visited with Steve and Tracy in Missouri.
- Facebook has edged out my blog for my immediate attention.